Sunday, May 3, 2009

Getting up early is Over Rated. May 3rd

This is the first opportunity that I have had to make a post on the blog. It has been a longggg trip thus far and this journey has just begun. I have driven almost 2000 street miles in 2 days and a total of 8 hours sleep... Feel like a zombie right now, but thankfully my co-drivers have finally taken over the transit driving!! I get to rest up and work on doing all the fun stuff now, taking pictures, blogging and the like. Time to get some Zzz's and a good nights rest tonight!

The M5 is packed to the gills! We have 3 guys, all our racing gear, tool box, extra parts (brakes etc), a folding bike and a bunch misc crap. We barely fit all the stuff in the car and still have space for 1 man in the back seat.

LOOK AT THIS!! Can you fit this much stuff in an M5!? Matt Hale my 3rd co-driver made a nest back there :)







Andrew Carbonell has joined me as my co-driver today on May 3rd. Andrew flew in from New Jersy Motorsports Park where he was racing in Grand Am ST on the Freedom Autosport Mazda team with Team Owner Derek Whitis (Derek is running the Freedon Autosport green GTR). Andrew is an excellent driver and may assist me with some of the driving events.

Carbonell in the drivers seat:




Today was a tiring day... Supposed to get up at 7:45min to get going to the Auto X, and I got a call at 6:40am that Derek and the crew were waiting in the lobby... WTF!?!? I just went to sleep a few hours ago....

1 comment:

  1. Wish I was there with you guys, but off to my cubicle. I will be daydreaming of the one lap. I don't know how you managed to find time to post, but more power to you. Just stay close until you get down to Florida and let it rip at Sebring. I will check in with you later this week man, appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete