Friday, May 1, 2009

Farewell... Too Late? Never...

(Rachel:)

10 am this morning, I'm picking my brother up from the airport and Jonathan calls me, "Ok- so things came together, should I run it? (speaking of the One Lap, of course, what else?).

What does every good wife say, "OF COURSE!!!!".

Seriously, though, OF COURSE! he should run the One Lap. When not on it, he's thinking about it, when not thinking about it, he's talking about it.

If he did not run the One Lap, all I would hear about during the week of the One Lap is how he should have run it! haha (vicious cycle, I know, tell me about it...)

So out of courteousness I drive my brother to meet my father in Leesburg. After about 10 phone calls back and forth of planning, I am then headed to Orange City to get the car aligned- to Performance Wheel and Tire, there's no where better, and worth the trek.

Meanwhile Sam & Christa have picked up the Dinan wheels and tires from my house to bring them to get mounted at only the best- Discount Tire (thanks John Bess!), run to Titan for SRF brake fluid and then back to my house to let the mayhem begin (as if it hasn't already)...

If my hearts pumping a gallon a second, I can't imagine Jonathans' and besides ALL the stuff he has to take care of as well before leaving- T- time being 7 PM.

I finally get home at 5PM. That leaves only 2 hours to flush the brake fluid, change the brake pads, pack, and load the car...

Obviously that would take longer and Jonathan finally kissed me goodbye and sped off at 9:30pm. He's got a long drive ahead: 1100 miles to South Bend, IN. Where the true FUN begins!

GOOD LUCK!


p.s. You might wonder why I'm still awake at 2am.------

KEEPING YOU UP TO DATE WITH EVERYTHING-- WHY ELSE???

haha...

Good night everyone! (except for Jonathan who is driving through Atlanta right now as I type this....)

No comments:

Post a Comment